Rewrite


 One of my main complaints about "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was that the characterization of Anna wasn't faithful to what we already know about the character and her relationship with Callen based on earlier episodes. So, even though I'm not a "professional" writer, if I were writing for NCIS:LA, here's my rewrite of the Santa Cruz motel scene that, to me, makes a lot more sense than what happened in the show (this isn't the correct format, but I couldn't format it correctly and when I tried, it was practically unreadable on my phone):

 

EXT--NIGHT--CALLEN'S CAR

Callen is sitting in his car outside the motel in Santa Cruz getting up the courage to ask Anna to marry him. He takes out the ring and looks at it, thinking what it means that he's finally ready to live his life committed to a person and not his job. He exits his car.

INT--NIGHT--MOTEL LOBBY

Callen approaches the DESK CLERK.

DESK CLERK: Can I help you?

CALLEN: I'm here to surprise my girlfriend. She's with the Rebuild America group.

DESK CLERK (smiles and moves to his computer): What's her name?               

CALLEN: Anna Kolcheck

Clerk checks his computer and his smile becomes a frown.

DESK CLERK: She's not here.

CALLEN: What do you mean, she's not here?

DESK CLERK: Oh, she was here, but she's not anymore. She checked out about a week ago.

Said she had a family emergency and had to go back to L.A.

(pauses)

I'm guessing that emergency didn't involve you.

Callen looks confused.

CUT TO OSP


Comments

Popular Posts